Friday, June 8, 2012

Nazi Monologue- theatre

January 24, 1943

My family and I were taken from our beautiful home in Belgium; I have never been outside of the country so you could say I was a little excited when my father told me that we were going to Germany. When we got to the train station there were bunches of people waiting for the train. When the train pulled into the station men who looked like they were wearing dresses jumped out of the train cars, they had large guns hanging on their belts. I felt scared but Nathan, my brother held my hand so I wouldn’t worry. Then we were all shoved into one of the cars. It was so crowded; there must have been more than eighty-five people in there. Next to me stood a tall man, I looked up at him and I smiled. He looked down at me and he shouted something at me. The smile I had disappeared, the man frighten me. I understand what he said. Nathan squeezed my hand and I looked up at him. He told me that the man was speaking in German. But when I asked him what the man said but he didn’t answer me so I repeated what the man had said over and over again so that I wouldn’t forget what he had said.

January 31, 1943

Today we finally got to where we were headed. Everyone around me had a look of terror on their faces, even my parents. I didn’t care what was happening outside of the train car I just wanted to get out of there. It’s not fair, it’s just not fair. How could they do something like to us, to me? How could they tear my family apart? They had no right, no right at all. As soon as we got off the train, my father, my twin brothers, and Nathan, my best friend, all of them were taken away from me. My mother, baby Ben and I were pulled to the other side of the tracks. I screamed for Nathan. He broke through the bearded men, and he ran to me. It took three men to pull me away from him. I yelled and screamed and cried as loud as I possibly could to get them to let go, but they were too strong for even Nathan to fight off. The bearded man shouted at my brother and Nathan spat in his face. The man hit him with the butt of his gun and Nathan fell to the ground. I tried to run to him, but the train had started up again and I fell back hitting my head on the pavement. Then I blacked out.

March 14, 1943

I don’t think I can last much longer. I’m hungry, I’m thirsty. I’m weak and the doctors say its typhoid. Everyone is gone, my mother, my father, my brothers, even baby Ben. I feel so alone, God has deserted me. He has deserted the Jews. I finally found out what that German man said to me that day on the train. He said “never forget child, never forget what you will see. Never forget.” And so even now as all my strength is gone and my time on this earth is no more, I will never forget. I will never for…

No comments: